To see other pages, either click on the links in the sidebar, on the labels, or on the newer or older post links below the comments.

Monday, April 2, 2018

Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina

When I was little, I was fascinated by a picture of a tree draped with Spanish Moss in a book I saw. Finally, at the age of 59, I got to see my first moss draped live oak, and my truck was actually parked under it in front of my hotel room. This is a different truck, but it's the same hotel room and live oak. We loved staying at the Waterway Lodge so much in Wrightsville Beach, NC in 2012, that we decided to stay there again this year.

One of the reasons we loved the room, besides the live oak, was because we had our own little parking spot and seating area, away from all the other rooms. I was really excited when the same room was available this year!

The room was the same inside as it was last time, except the bedspread was green instead of yellow.
Another good thing about this hotel is that it is on the inland waterway, rather than on the beach. Sometimes I would rather be on the beach, but sometimes it is also nice to be in a quieter area. The road by the hotel isn't terribly busy, and it is a really pretty walk, with lots of live oaks and beautiful houses.
There are also three restaurants within walking distance. The last time, we went to the Dockside Restaurant and enjoyed our meal, so we went there again this year. They were able to make a meal I could eat on my pureed diet, so I didn't have to make a meal of Ensure, and the view was beautiful!
The last time I was here, we didn't go to see the beach. The girl at the hotel told us they weren't charging for parking yet, so we went down. It was very cold and windy, and the beach was deserted, so we only took a couple of photos and returned to the truck. Unfortunately, they had apparently started charging for parking within the last day or two. We then went toward some stores, and paid for parking again, so I could go into a store for some souvenirs. The store we went into didn't have a good selection, but I bought a t-shirt.

I wanted to get things for the kids, so we walked a ways looking for another shop that was open. Almost everything close by was closed, and it was really cold, so we didn't pay for more parking in another location. I don't mind the idea of having to pay for parking, but when everything is still closed and the streets are deserted because it is really cold out, I would think it would make more sense to have free parking so people would buy things in the shops that are open.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our second visit to Wrightsville Beach. It was quiet and relaxing, and I hope we get to go again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment